Open Letter to the President | ©SintimBlog™

Open letter to the President- Daniel Agyei writes | ©SintimBlog™

By Daniel Agyei 
1 March, 2018 
Daniel Agyei 

Dear Mr President,
In accordance with customary practice, i wish demonstrate absolute obsequiousness by  saluting you and your office.
Further, i would like to introduce myself briefly, as proper culture demands.
My name is Daniel Agyei, a National service person(NSP) working in one of the government senior high schools. Please do not be quick to question the wisdom in adding my NSP status to the introduction yet; for as you'll soon notice, it is relevant to the import of this brief letter.

Mr president, your spirited fight against galasmey, with all it's adversities, is commendable.
Even more refreshing is the corruption fight! The appointment of Mr Martin Amidu as  SP and the issues in-between,  even the mixed reactions from the masses, they all point to our eagerness to see corruption eradicated or more realistically, alleviated. I think the posture you have adopted as respects corruption is plausible.
Sir, i could go on and on praising you over one laudable  initiative or another.
However that is not what i seek to do on this occasion. The purpose of my letter is to draw your attention to-that is, assuming you have not heard at all- or remind you, assuming you have forgotten, of the poor state of security in the country.
The sudden increase in crime wave is alarming, Sir, and if nothing is done to arrest the problem as quickly as possible, the country will sink irreparably.
Last time, it was a group of brutes, attacking and breaking into a prison cell to rescue one of their own, killing an officer in the process. Today it has been reported all over the news of the murder of a Lebanese businessman-the list goes on and on.
All of this Sir, have serious economic and political implications( and i believe you know this more than anybody else).
Sir, my assumption is that(and forgive me if it turns out wrong) your commitment to fighting corruption has taken all your time and attention, leaving you with none to tackle other pressing issues, such as the state of security in the country.
Otherwise, it strikes me as surprising, your indifferent attitude towards the issue of poor security.
Nowadays, robbers rob, rape and worst of all,murder people in a Rambo style,in full glare of day.
 Every individual; old or young,man or woman,civilian or security officer, has a target on their backs. No one is safe.
Once you are decently dressed, and move into a bank or financial institution, for whatever reason-be it a mere inquiry, or even to pay your ward's school fees-be sure to have a group of gangsters on motorbikes waiting patiently to launch an assault on you the moment you step out.
As i mentioned earlier, i am an NSP, serving my country in the teaching field- a field that requires of one to be neatly dressed at all times. I carry my books in laptop bag(even though i have no laptop);my allowance, just like the many other personnel working in various capacities to serve mother Ghana, is paid through the banks. All these factors make me a potential victim.
So next time i am notified that my allowance has been paid, i jump onto  one 'trotro' happily and head for a bank to withdraw my money; i exit the banking hall minutes later, beaming with smiles (because i am 559  cedis 'rich'), waiting by the roadside to enter the first 'trotro' that comes my way(still carrying my laptop bag),only to hear   deafening gunshots, and  sharp pains in my chest and arms;i begin to go down slowly......I am sure the picture is clear enough.... Just know that your indifference caused the death of a young,energetic gentleman; a young man in whom a poor family invested their every penny, hoping that he will become 'somebody' in future, to reward their labour with abundant fruit; a young man whose only fault was to serve mother Ghana diligently.
Your Excellency, please indulge me for my controversial thoughts, but we have lived with corruption since the birth of Ghana, and we've survived. I do not intend to debase your fight against the canker, but if the war against corruption will inadvertently boost crime,as it appears now, then may i suggest politely that you ignore corruption and turn your attention to the more recent phenomenon of armed robbery and serial killings, which have thrown the whole country into a state of fear and insecurity.
For fear that i bore your eyes with a lengthy piece,i would like to end my letter here,Mr President.
I hope my letter finds it way to you. I hope you take swift action to curb this menace. Finally, i hope you read my letter beyond the grammatical infractions, and digest it for the import of its content.
Thank You

Daniel Agyei
NSP.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CONFIRMED: Former Vice President of the Republic of Ghana His Excellency Paa Kwesi Amissah Arthur confirmed dead. | ©SintimBlog |

#Photos: Popular Celebrity & Lifestyle Blogger Kobby Kyei ties knot with Long time girlfriend Adwoa. | ©SintimBlog |

Gossip: Criss Waddle is jealous of Medikal. Showboy reveals.