#TRIBUTE: OHEMAA, LETS GO FOR A WALK! ~ Obiri Frank | SintimBlog™

#TRIBUTE: OHEMAA, LETS GO FOR A WALK!

(A tribute to my childhood friend- Ebony Reigns)

By Obiri Frank 
February 12, 2018
Obiri Frank

Ohemaa, I’m still waiting. Let’s go for a walk; I know you would bring that your bike along. Has that scar on your right thigh from my pushing you too hard down the SIBCO slope disappeared? I would be gentle this time round. I promise and I won’t break it as I always did; Please say you are coming.
Ohemaa, I’m going to play football on the SIBCO field, you are coming right? I would tackle hard and get people to the ground for you. I miss how prefer I “cut” people to scoring goals. You knew that made the other guys furious and yet made you love it more. My crazy you.

I’m making mistakes in this write up, please are you coming to correct me? My English madam. Oh! I’m weeping. My home key can’t take my print coz my tears have made it wet. Ohemaa please tell me it’s another joke laa.

You told me you were going to be bigger than Genevieve Nnaji. You weren’t even twelve then and that dream, you fulfilled it my girl. You were my Stephanie Okereke coz of the semblance. Did you complete the script you were writing? You promised to star me in that movie. I’m  as tall as Emeka Ike as you wanted. Hence I’m waiting, let’s go on set. We need to premier that movie before you go oh😭

We could’ve been swimming in that tank that was in front of your house last Friday but your mum told me you said you had a surprise for her and that this surprise was too big for her; surprise wei de3 3so ooh😭😭. You made me swim in my tears, alone! Ohemaa, ad3n? I was told you came home but left coz you had to be somewhere and that you might have your birthday here. This your “somewhere” de3, y’3mp3 wai! We don’t like this your somewhere!!

The last time we took a walk was when you told me you have recorded a song (dancefloor) and I told you it would be trending so much if it was done by a big artist. I believed it was that good. Do you remember your response? You said “Frank, it’s just a matter of time” and truly it was. You never doubted yourself. Ohemaa, ah, so you won’t even smile? Won’t you say something? Would you cheer me up if I beat Poka (Kwabena Kwarteng) on his Xbox? Rexford says your food is getting cold, please go and eat for him. How long do you plan of letting Happy weep before you tell her it’s one of those jokes? I know you hated it when she gets sad, so why now? Ohemaa RUN! RUN!! RUN!!! Owuraku is coming ooooh. OMG! You’re gone. My last hope was that prophecy that you would come back if we don’t put you in the “fridge”. I really counted on that queen. I really did.

Ghana and the world have lost a star and would soon move on and probably replace you but what of us?
I lost a childhood bestie; I looked up to every vacation because I knew you would come home.
Ohenedjan has lost our only bragging right we have ever had; selfish right? Let us be!
The boys in the hood say they won’t mind if you could please come and watch one last game and won’t even mind if I would “cut” them all to make you cheer me up.
You made us proud, you made ohenedjan proud, sunyani was on the map coz of you.
Your short yet fulfilling life was worth living my dear. This land of hypocrites never deserved a soul like yours anyways; come see how you are on everyone’s status, timeline, see retweets of you, jux log into IG and see for yourself the very pictures they said were bad; I can hear you saying I shouldn’t mind them. That was so you my free spirited queen.
I pray your soul finds the peace it deserves. Rest well Ohemaa. I’m treasuring those childhood memories till we meet again. If only the world knew *Ohemaa* more than they knew *Ebony*.
*#Bonyfied*

-Frank “Melo” Obiri.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CONFIRMED: Former Vice President of the Republic of Ghana His Excellency Paa Kwesi Amissah Arthur confirmed dead. | ©SintimBlog |

#Photos: Popular Celebrity & Lifestyle Blogger Kobby Kyei ties knot with Long time girlfriend Adwoa. | ©SintimBlog |

Gossip: Criss Waddle is jealous of Medikal. Showboy reveals.